Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside in order to use this website and to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
You warrant that you understand that laws may vary by state or municipality, and as such you are responsible for compliance with all laws, regulations, and rules for all activities undertaken in your use of WallsWithStories.com and with other users of this Website.
Walls with Stories provides informational and educational content, and provides a forum for users to discuss the exploration and location of historical walls. Walls with Stories services are provided for informational purposes only, we assume that your visitation of such premises is lawful and not in contravention of personal property rights.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print [or download] one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement please consult our DMCA Policy (see below).
The Company name, the term WallsWithStories.com and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
User Code of Conduct
In using this Website and related Services the following content standards and acceptable use policy shall apply. These content standards apply to any and all User Listings and use of Services. User Listings must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Deliver any unsolicited advertisement, promotional materials, junk email, bulk email (also known as “spam”), chain letters, surveys or contests.
- Deliver any unlawful (according to local, state, federal, or international law or regulation) postings to or through this WallsWithStories.com Site, or any postings which advocate illegal activity.
- Deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, insulting, threatening, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable.
- Deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that harasses, victimizes, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability.
- Deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing defamatory, false or libelous material.
- Deliver or depict unlawful activity including trespass or destruction of property.
- Deliver any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity.
- Deliver any posting or enter into an agreement that you do not have a right to make under law, regulation or contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Impersonate another person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or adopt a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive, or defraud another.
- Manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you deliver.
- Deliver any posting containing personal information, such as phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses or employer references.
- Use this WallsWithStories.com service in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the use of this WallsWithStories.com Site or other users’ Devices, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this WallsWithStories.com Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We cannot undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section. To the extent such information or content may be requested subject to a valid court order, or ongoing police investigation, Walls with Stories, may disclose content or other information available in order to cooperate with such request.
Reliance on Information Posted
We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information or postings provided. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website includes content provided by third parties, site users, and other third-party licensors. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Walls with Stories provides informational and educational services. Any activities engaged in whether described or evidenced in user contributions we assume to be permitted and request that all users follow local laws, ordinances, trespass notices, and obtain required authorizations before engaging in activities depicted or posted on this site.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Agreement will be governed by Delaware law, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY ANY PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN DELAWARE.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Timera, Inc.
Feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Helpful Terminology
Log Data includes information sent to us by browsers, including, for example, browser type, browser time, time of access, screen resolution, IP address, referring site URL, current site URL, and search strings.
Personal information (also sometimes called personal data) is information that is associated with an individual and enables that individual to be singled out. Through the use of our log data and cookies, we collect personal information about you; that is, information that does not identify you directly (for example, NOT your name or email address) but that may indirectly identify your device. Under European privacy law, some information transmitted by Cookies and Log Data are considered personal information. However, while we make predictions about your interests based on this information, we don’t know who you are.
Timera Media Partners
We partner with other companies to help us provide and improve our services. Sometimes, it is necessary for us to share information that could be considered to be personal information about you with these partners. (Remember that we don’t share directly identifiable information about consumers, such as your name or address, because we don’t even collect that type of information).
Below, in the “Partners” section, we list the categories of our partners with whom we share personal information, with explanations of the services provided by these partners, and the types of information we share with them. We try to keep this list of partners up to date, so from time to time this list will be updated. This list identifies partners in each category with whom we share information about European consumers, along with links to their privacy policies so that you can learn more about their data collection and usage practices.
Next to the partner names, you will see whether the partner is a “controller” or “processor” of the personal information we share with them. In short, under European privacy law, the controller is the party who determines the “why” and “how” of the processing of personal data. The controller controls and is responsible for this data. On the other hand, a processor merely holds or processes the personal data on the instructions of the controller. The processor does not exercise responsibility for or control over the personal data. We do not jointly control the personal information collected via our services with our partners.
We are continually improving our services and our partners will change over time. We will update this page to reflect those changes.
Information Collection and Use
Legal Bases for Collection and Use
In addition, where you have given us consent to use your information in certain ways, we will rely on your consent to process the information. You may revoke that consent at any time. Please see the How To Object and Opt Out section below for information as to how you may withdraw your consent.
Information Collected from the WallsWithStories.com Site
When you visit WallsWithStories.com, our servers record and collect Log Data automatically sent by your browser. We use the Log Data to monitor, analyze, administer, and improve the WallsWithStories.com Site. As described below in the section Information Shared with Our Service Providers, we also allow some Partners to place tags on our Site.
If you contact us by email, we keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for as long as necessary to deal with your correspondence and the issues you raised. If you provide contact information to us, we may use that information to contact you with WallsWithStories newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information Shared with Our Partners
Information Shared with Our Service Providers
We use third parties to help us administer and improve our products. For example, these companies assist with hosting, data processing, database management, and administrative tasks on our behalf. These third parties and affiliates have access to information about you, including through the placement of Tags on our Site, to perform these tasks on our behalf.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
It is our policy to protect you from having your privacy violated through abuse of the legal system. We reserve the right to disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary: (i) to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, and valid subpoenas, warrants, and court orders; (ii) to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves, third parties, or the public in general; and (iii) to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
Information Disclosed in a Change of Ownership
Timera Media may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including information we collect about you, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. We may also make certain information available to a potential investor or purchaser (and their advisers) in advance of any such transaction completion.
How to Object and Opt Out
Where you have provided Timera Media with consent to use your data, you may revoke that consent at any time. Click here or, if the consent plugin doesn’t work for you, see “Contact” section below.
Accessing, Changing, or Deleting Your Information
We employ administrative, physical, and technical measures designed to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal information that we hold. These measures may include encryption and employment of information storage security technologies to restrict access to our network. Please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. We have procedures and security features in place to help keep your data secure once we receive it. Additionally, in some instances our Partners or others may provide information to us in unencrypted form.
The companies in this category serve digital advertisements on various digital platforms such as the web, social media, or mobile apps, and issue reports on the performance of advertising campaigns (e.g., the number of users who saw a particular ad, the particular ad type that was served, etc.). We need to use these vendors to deliver and track the advertising campaigns that we serve, and we share online identifiers (e.g., an auction ID) in order to effectively use their services.
- Doubleclick, a division of Google, co-controller
- Facebook Audience Network, a division of Facebook, processor
- The Rubicon Project, processor
- PulsePoint, processor
- Revcontent, processor
These are companies who provide cloud-based hosting, storage and processing infrastructure and services to enable us to provide services to clients. We may store any of the data that it collects on its own servers or through these infrastructure partners.
Marketing and Customer Research
Timera Media works with companies to collect and analyze online behavior for market research, customer satisfaction, website feedback and concept testing. To do so, we include the tag of these companies on our webpages. By virtue of their tag on the site, these vendors collect online identifiers (e.g., cookie identifiers, IP address and device identifiers). Please see their privacy policies for more information about the data they collect via their tags or SDKs.
Walls with Stories DMCA POLICY
We respect the intellectual property of others and take the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property seriously. We ask our users to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated.
To the extent that we allow content to be posted to our website, the majority of the content delivered through our website is created by third-parties we cannot undertake the screening of all content that is submitted.
If YOU (or someone you represent) are the owner or license holder in a work made available through this service, that you believe infringes copyright law we would request that report it according to the procedures below so we may deal with the matter accordingly.
We use the copyright infringement procedures of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you wish to report infringement. It is important that you follow the instructions below to ensure the matter is dealt with properly respecting the rights of all parties.
A. Proper Notice of Infringement
To notify us of suspected copyright infringement, please send a written notice as described below to our Copyright Agent. You should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
B. Counter-Notice by User Alleged to Have Infringed
If you are a subscriber and action has been taken against your account due to suspicion of copyright infringement, you may dispute the alleged infringement by sending a written communication to our Copyright Agent.
Your written response should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
- Identification of the material that action has been taken against and where that material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which such address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, the Federal District Court for Delaware, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
Walls with Stories reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a knowingly submits a false notification of claimed infringement or counter notification in violation of the law.
Please send all notices required by this policy to DMCA@WallsWithStories.com.
In appropriate circumstances, we will terminate the user access to those found to be repeated copyright infringers.
If the report or response is incomplete or not completed according to the above instructions we may be unable to appropriately respond to you. In the event that we need to contact you to follow-up on information you have submitted or require clarification we reserve the right to contact you using the information you submit.
We may revise this policy at any time, including by posting a new version on this website.